Pages

  • Home
  • About me
  • Beauty
  • Fashion
  • Lifestyle

Apple Strudel

3.2.14


Hey! :D

O God! You don't even know how happy I am that the past week just ended, I hope that my bad days are also gone because boy they were super BLEAH!. Long story short: I had a bunch of technical issues, issues that killed all my enthusiasm and left me wanting to do absolutely nothing :/ I'm not gonna start the week as I usually do with a MWIP post because I was so "smart" that I deleted all my photos from my phone, I'm gonna start it with something really, really sweet in hope of sweetening this week haha :D

O Doamne! Nici nu ştiţi cât de bucuroasă sunt că a trecut săptămâna, sper ca o dată cu ea s-au dus şi zilele mele proaste pentru că ultimele zile au fost de-a dreptul BLEAH!. Pe scurt: am avut o gramadă de probleme tehnice, probleme care mi-au luat tot cheful de absolut tot :/ Nu încep săptămâna cu postarea: My Week In Photos pentru că într-un moment de-al meu super "deştept" mi-am şters toate pozele din telefon, încep săptămâna cu o reţetă dulce, dulce de tot în speranţa de a îndulci zilele ce urmează haha :D


What do we need? / De ce avem nevoie?
  • Pre-made puff pastry dough / Aluat pentru foietaj;
  • 5 apples (not too big, not too small) / 5 mere potrivite ca marime;
  • 4 tablespoons of sugar (add as much or little as you want, my apples were a little bit sour so I added 4) / 4 linguri de zahar (adaugati zahar in functie de preferinte si de cat de dulci sunt merele, ale mele au fost putin mai acrisoare);
  • 1/2 tablespoon of cinnamon / 1/2 lingura scotisoara;
  • 5-6 tablespoons of water / 5-6 linguri apa.

How do you make it? Cum se prepara?

If you are working with pre-made frozen puff pastry dough then don't forget to take it out so you can defrost it before starting to work on the filling! :D Peel the apples and cut them into small pieces (I don't like them grated), put them in a pot and, you'll also add the sugar, cinnamon and water. Put the pot on low heat and mix them from time to time, the apples will start leaving their juice and we want that sauce to thicken a bit, we also want the apples to be a little bit soft, but not too soft.

Dacă lucraţi cu aluat pentru foietaj cumpărat, nu uitaţi să-l lăsaţi la dezgheţat înainte de a va apuca de treabă! :D
Curăţăm merele de coajă şi le tăiem în bucăţi mititele (mie nu-mi plac rase), apoi le punem într-o cratiţă. Adăugăm peste ele zahărul, scorţişoara şi apa. Punem cratita pe foc mic si amestecam din cand in cand, vrem sa isi lase zeama merele, sa scada zeama si sa se inmoaie cat de cat fructul, mare atentie insa nu nu se faca prea moi, vrem sa isi pastreze forma :)



Let the filling cool off for a few minutes and spread the dough on the working surface until then. We want the dough to still be a little bit frozen so we can easily cut small strings out of it. Place the stuffing in the middle of the dough and cut small strings on the sides:

Lăsăm umplutura să se răcească pentru câteva minute şi trecem la aluat. Întindem aluatul pe suprafaţa de lucru, de preferat ca aluatul să nu fie dezgheţat complet, asta ca să putem să-l tăiem cu uşurinţă. Aşezăm umplutura pe mijloc şi cu un cuţit începem să tăiem marginile fâşii:



 It should look like this:

După ce terminăm trebuie să arate ceva de genul:



Brush it with a little bit of egg yolk and sprinkle some sugar over it (not too much) and then we put in the oven until it get golden brown :)

Îl ungem cu gălbenuş de ou şi presaram zahăr peste apoi îl băgăm la cuptor până se rumeneşte :)


We let it cool off for a few minutes and then we can dig in :D We chose to serve it with a little bit of vanilla ice cream...I'm telling you that this was the best dessert I had in a long, long time, I wanted a second serving, but it was already too late and I didn't want to go to bet with a very full stomach haha :D

Şi-l servim după ce se mai răceşte puţin :D Noi am ales să-l servim alături de îngheţată de vanilie şi vă spun cu mâna pe inimă că a fost unul dintre cele mai bune deserturi pe care le-am mâncat în ultima perioadă, am vrut să-mi pun şi o a două porţie, dar era deja prea târziu în noapte haha :D


Bon Appetit! :)

Vă doresc o zi minunată, v-am pupat :***

Have a lovely day, many kisses :***